QLD Online Probate Application
Welcome to our online probate application service for Queensland applications for a Grant of Probate.
If you have been named as an executor in a deceased person’s Will, you may be required to obtain a Grant of Probate in order to deal the deceased’s estate.
The service is for simple applications for a Grant of Probate. It is a cost effective service to assist you as an executor obtain a Grant of Probate if you require assistance with applying.
We assist with the application by preparing the legal documents required for the application for a Grant of Probate and we provide you with instructions on how to lodge the documents.
This service is for simple applications only and we outline below who this service is suitable for. More complex applications will require our full legal service and to discuss these matters further, you can contact us on 1300 323 313 to arrange an initial consultation.
How does the service work?
It is easy! Once you have read the information on this page, you will need to do the following to engage this online service:
1. Click PROCEED.
2. Answer all of the questions.
3. Upload the necessary documents when you reach the upload section.
4. Pay for the service you have selected.
What happens next?
The probate application documents will be prepared for you under the guidance of one of our lawyers. The application documents will be emailed to you within two business days along with instructions on how to lodge the documents.
Who is this service suitable for?
Our online probate application service will be suitable if all of the following apply:
1. There is an original last Will of the deceased which you currently hold or can hold.
2. The Will is a legally valid Will.
3. All executors named in the Will are alive, able and willing to act as executor.
4. You hold an original death certificate for the deceased.
5. You have ascertained a Grant of Probate is required.
What is the cost of this service?
Online Service One: $480.00 (incl gst)*
This service is suitable if you have published the Notice of intention to apply for a Grant in the Queensland Law Reporter.
Documents included in this service:
1. Application for Grant of Probate.
2. Affidavit supporting application.
3. Affidavit of publication and service.
4. A guide on lodging the documents with the Supreme Court of Queensland.
*Excludes court filing fees.
Online Service Two: $500.00 (incl gst)**
This service is suitable if you have not published the Notice of intention to apply for a Grant in the Queensland Law Reporter.
Documents included in this service:
1. Notice of Intention to Apply for Grant.
2. A guide on lodging the Notice of Intention to apply for a Grant for publication in the Queensland Law Reporter.
3. Letter to the Public Trustee of Queensland serving the Notice of intention to apply for a Grant.
4. Application for Grant of Probate.
5. Affidavit supporting application.
6. Affidavit of publication and service.
7. A guide on lodging the documents with the Supreme Court of Queensland.
**Excludes publication costs and court filing fees.
The documentation is prepared using the information you provide. Little Estate Lawyers accepts no responsibility for incorrect information provided or contained in the documents prepared.
Administering a deceased estate can be complex and is a legal process. The provision of this online service is not to facilitate executors administering an estate without the guidance of a Wills and Estates lawyer. We recommend you engage the services of an appropriate law firm to assist in the administration of the deceased’s estate.